Curt A. Rosner is a Certified Public Accountant with close to 30 years experience serving as a key financial advisor to businesses, entrepreneurs and high net worth individuals. He provides accounting & auditing services, complex tax planning and business consulting to a broad base of clients with a concentration in the healthcare industry. He also provides valuation & litigation services and has attained the A.B.V. (Accredited in Business Valuations) and C.F.F. (Certified in Financial Forensics) credentials through the AICPA.
Mr. Rosner’s areas of practice include:
- Healthcare Consulting: cash flow maximization, benchmarking, operational evaluations, managed care analysis, HIPAA compliance, mergers and acquisitions, group formations, internal control analysis and compliant compensation models.
- Personal Service Companies: medical practices, law firms, public relations firms and architectural firms.
- Tax Planning and Compliance: corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and individuals.
- Valuation Services: business valuations prepared in connection with estate tax planning, estate tax returns, charitable giving, shareholder agreements, buy-ins/buy-outs, sale or purchase of a business and litigation.
- Litigation Services: expert testimony, present value calculations, assist legal counsel with developing case theory, building damage models and business interruption calculations.
Curt graduated from the University of Florida in 1977 with a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration. He worked at Kaufman Rossin & Co for fifteen years and then served as a Partner at Bloom Gettis, Habib, Silver, Terrone & Rosner, P.A. from 1993 until August of 2006. Curt then joined Mallah Furman as a Director.
Curt’s professional memberships include the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Business Valuation Section Member of the AICPA.
Curt has served as a past and present officer and board member for numberous charitable and community organizations, including:
- Health Care Committee of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Bet Shira Congregation – Immediate Past President and Member of Executive Committee
- Camillus Health - Member of Board of Directors
- Community Health Purchasing Alliance (CHPA) – Member of Board of Directors
- Baptist Hospital Professional Advisory Committee
- Jewish Community Services – Strategic Planning Committee Member
- South Dade Branch of Greater Miami Jewish Federation – Member of Board of Directors
- Southeast Region of United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism – Member of Board of Directors
- South Florida VA Foundation for Research and Education – Member of Board of Directors
Throughout Mr. Rosner’s career, he has taught many seminars on various topics of interest within the medical community, including the following:
- May, 2008: “The Good, The Bad & The Ugly – Valuation Case Law Update”, South Dade Estate Planning Council
- February, 2008: “Getting The Pulse on Taxes”, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics.
- January, 2008: “Opening the Valuation Black Box”, North Suncoast Estate Planning Council
- October, 2007: “Valuation Concepts and a Case Law Update”, South Broward Estate Tax Planning Council.
- May, 2007: “Demystifying Valuations and a Case Law Update”, Greater Miami Tax Institute.
- February, 2007: “Demystifying Valuations and a Case Law Update”, Gibraltar Private Bank Probate Series.
- February, 2002: “Financial Reporting in Health Care”, Barry University graduate students.
- November, 2000: “Medical Practices in Transition”, Baptist Hospital Foundation.
- November, 2000: “Financial Reporting in Health Care”, Barry University graduate students.
- January, 1998: “What’s Your Practice Worth?”, presented to The Miami Medical Forum.
- September, 1997: “Physician Consolidation, Valuation and Tax Considerations”, presented to the Florida Bar Health Care Section.
- September, 1996: “The Valuation Process”, presented to the South Florida Radiological Society.
- November, 1992: “Summary of Tax Law Changes”, presented to The Miami Medical Forum.
Curt has written and published various articles in local health care periodicals, and was the recipient of the FICPA’s 2003 “Writing Excellence Award” for his article entitled “Time to be HIP(PA)”.